Human.School is at the Mark Spencer in Downtown Portland!
About the Venue
At Human.School, you'll enjoy daily complimentary continental breakfast and coffee, a lovely buffet lunch, and Wi-Fi.
If you want the full Mark Spencer experience, take a look at the lovely accommodations. Amenities include room service, individualized voice mail, 24 hour fitness center, an on-site laundry facility and dry-cleaning services, hair dryers, iron and ironing board. You'll also be pampered with a copy of The New York Times, Wi-Fi, afternoon tea and cookies, and an evening wine reception. On-site parking is available for the lowest fees in town including discounts for hybrids. Check in time is 4pm and check out time is 12 noon.
Each room is unique, personally accessorized to create a comfortable homelike atmosphere, and includes a fitness center, cafe, and more. The hotel is completely non-smoking and features select pet friendly rooms. In addition, the Mark Spencer has a deep commitment to sustainability (it's one of eleven Green Seal Certified hotels in Oregon) - one of the main reasons Human.School chose it for our conference!
Take a moment to read about the Mark Spencer's storied history - it's one of downtown Portland's oldest hotels!
Be sure to mention the Human.School conference when you book over the phone. You'll have a special gift waiting for you when you check in. We can't wait to meet you!
Parking & Transit
It's incredibly easy to get to the Mark Spencer if you're not staying at the hotel. Read on to get the best routes to the conference:
- Parking can be found at the Smart Park (SW 10th between SW Yamhill and Morrison) for a low daily rate. Human.School isn't able to reimburse for parking. You can also park on the street but you'll need to move your car every two hours. The Parking Kitty app is free and makes paying for parking super fast!
Arriving By Bus/Public Transit:
- To learn about purchasing tickets, go to Trimet.org. Day tickets for all transit types are $5 and 2.5 hour tickets are $2.50. You can use the Trimet tickets app to easily purchase and use tickets.
- You can use a number of bus lines to get to the Mark Spencer. The closest stop is the Ace Hotel, where the #24 drops off.
- You can also take the MAX Red or Blue lines to Galleria/SW 10th and walk four blocks to the hotel. The Green line will take you to SW 5th and Oak and you will then walk seven blocks to the hotel. If you are coming from the Airport, the Red line is the fastest and most comfortable way to get to the hotel. It will pick you up right at the airport!
- You can also take the Streetcar and get off at SW 11th and Alder (coming from the North) or SW 10th and Alder (coming from the South) and walk 1-2 blocks to the hotel.
Thanks to our amazing sponsors: